- travel pack for short trips and everyday use
- main compartment, 6 additional pockets and compartments
- laptop and tablet compartment
- extra gear straps
- 30 litres capacity
A ‘cannonball’ is a North American hobo term for a fast freight train. Our CANNONBALL is also pretty handy if you need to make a speedy getaway. It’s a top-loader, with a rectangular shape that makes it stable (it stands up on its own without any support) and opens up wide so you can pack your stuff quickly. The pack is big enough for short trips and includes a laptop compartment, so it’s also suitable for office and everyday use.
In keeping with the hobos’ modest lifestyle, the design is simple and straightforward. But with a front compartment, lid compartment, main compartment and side pockets, the pack still gives you plenty of options to stash the gear you need for life on the road. Your laptop or tablet can be packed separately from the rest of your gear and accessed via a zip on the side. And if you change your plans at the last minute, there are various gear loops and lashing straps on the outside for improvised packing.
Our THE FRONTIER series is inspired by the hobo lifestyle. These North American itinerant workers travelled across the country – often on freight trains – scraping a living from casual jobs. Their luggage had to be tough and was often cleverly designed and customised to suit these travellers’ needs. We have incorporated these ideas into the bags and packs in this series.
- Laptop/tablet compartment: 14″ and 10″
- Measurements: 54 x 33 x 26 cm
- Capacity: 28 Lit.
- Weight: 1410g
- SNUGGLE UP: comfortable back system with wide straps and balanced load distribution
- sternum strap with signal whistle
- main compartment, 14" laptop compartment (35 x 25 x 3.5 cm) and 10" tablet compartment (27 x 19 x 1.5 cm), zipped front pocket with ORGANIZER, zipped lid pocket, 2 side compartments
- laptop and tablet compartment with side access
- ORGANIZER: small pockets and pouches for small items, key clip
- carry handle
- gear loops on side and base
- extra compression/lashing straps
- bucket list and world map for travel inspiration
- ROCKTECH 1200D: very robust, abrasion resistant, cotton-like fabric (water column rating: 2000 mm)