- slim profile mountaineering and via ferrata pack
- detachable compression straps, lid compartment, waist belt and sternum strap
- removable frame
- waterproof main compartment and lid compartment
- fast access to important items of equipment
- gear loops on waist belt
- lashing straps for ice axe and poles
- extremely robust crampon pouch
- 42 litres capacity
Designed for climbing and tested on Mont Blanc, the MOUNTAINEER 42 was developed specifically for use in the mountains, in collaboration with the Alpinschule Innsbruck (ASI).
This pro-standard mountain pack was custom-designed for climbing and mountaineering, from the slimline shape to the comprehensive, alpine-specific detailing. The seams on the main compartment and lid pocket are taped sealed to prevent water ingress. The main compartment also has hermetic roll-top closure, while the lid pocket is equipped with a waterproof zip. This means that all your gear will stay dry if the weather suddenly turns nasty.
If you want to go fast and light, the MOUNTAINEER can be stripped down to make a lightweight soft pack. Simply take out the frame and remove the lid pocket, side compression straps, waist belt and sternum strap.
There’s an additional, reinforced external compartment behind the flap on the base of the pack. This is the place to stow your crampons and any other sharp items of equipment.
- Backlength: M - L
- Reinforced gear pocket 1
- Measurements: 76 x 32 x 25 cm
- Capacity: 42 Lit.
- Weight: 1860 g (stripped down: 1260 g)
- ERGO X-TRANSITION: ergonomically designed back system with reduced contact surfaces for superior back ventilation and flexibility of movement
- sternum strap with signal whistle
- detachable waist belt
- removable frame
- detachable side compression straps
- robust gear loops on waist belt
- lashing straps for trekking poles and ice axe
- waterproof main compartment with roll-top closure, waterproof, detachable lid compartment with document pouch on underside and key clip, water bladder compartment with separate zipped access, extremely robust exterior base compartment
- CHAINTECH 210D: abrasion resistant, high tenacity fabric (body)
- CHAINTECH 210D: abrasion resistant, high tenacity fabric (base)
- SPRING STEEL: flexible, extra durable stainless steel (frame)